Not love If you’re the type of person who scours the internet for articles like this, you can bet that you have love and not lust. You always want love for yourself and those closest to you.
Of course, not everyone prioritizes love. Not everyone puts love high on their priority list. Not everyone sees love as an essential aspect of finding happiness and a sense of self-fulfillment. But it’s probably safe to assume that no one would turn down the idea of getting themselves a fairy-tale happy ending. Whenever given the chance, most people always want to pursue a happy ending. Now let’s ask the following question. When can we really be sure when the opportunity to pursue love in our lives will materialize? Not just falling into a trap that ultimately destroys us on an emotional level. How do I know it’s not? You may not want to hear the truth, but often we tend to turn a blind eye to the many red flags that exist in early relationships. You may be longing for that love to work, oblivious to the fact that you are in a relationship based on lust, not love.It is very easy to confuse the two. Both emotions are very intense, passionate, and comforting at the same time. You might think you’re really going deep, even though you haven’t scratched the surface yet.
And despite all these similarities, there are some very noticeable differences between the two that must be recognized. According to leading experts in the field of love and relationships, love is not always something that can be revealed out of thin air. It is something that requires a lot of real effort and conscious thought. Desire is more out of control. It may or may not be there. There is a big difference here. Love has many depths and layers, but lust does not. But how does that help you determine if your relationship is based on love or lust? Here are some signs you can keep an eye out for.
1. Your partner is moving things along really fast in a relationship. This is the biggest sign that desire is everything in your relationship.You should know that true love doesn’t come in an instant. Love is something that always needs to be built over time. Love is like fine wine. It gets better with age. And you really have to give it time to grow and become its own.Love can’t be instant.
2. It hurts every time you have sex. You know you’re having too much sex when you’re physically tired, and sex seems to be even more intense than a real workout at the gym. You don’t want sex to take away from other aspects of your life, you just want sex to enrich your relationship. You don’t want to wrap it up completely.
3. Your partner won’t send you text her messages when you just want to talk. There are times in your relationship when you just want to talk to your partner. There are moments that call for real advice. Or when you crave a real connection with a person. And if your partner doesn’t make you feel available to you in these moments, it turns out it’s all lust.
4. You know nothing deep or intimate about them. You don’t know much about them other than the fact that they like to have sex with you. They are less open about the most intimate aspects of their lives. They don’t have much to tell you about the depths of their soul. They don’t have deep, intimate conversations with you. It’s always just small talk or sensual conversation.
5. Partner always wants to control the relationship. I have no voice in this relationship. You are not really made to feel like you have a say in anything. This is a very real proof that your partner only sees you as some sort of object.They don’t recognize the person underneath your physical appearance.
6. You really can’t find a solution to your battle. If your partner walks away from the fight, it means they are not invested in your relationship on an emotional level. They are less interested in overcoming any problems you may have with each other.